Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Monday, June 9th
Good morning. Finally got some sleep on this trip. Actually, Jenn and I both fell asleep in the quad in front of Westminster Abby, but that was like 10-15 minutes. This was a good 6 1/2 hours. Feet are sore, but I think they better off than I thought they would be. Pop some Advil and be off. Not sure how mornings work yet. I guess just go with it. People are starting to get up now, so until later.
On the bus to Canterbury. First time I had to really write. We are leaving London. It is a lovely city. It is only the first city we have been to, but it is one I would like to come back to and spend some time. The Parliament building was gorgeous. We crossed the river to get a better look at it and it is quite a humungous building. The Globe Theatre was kinda disappointing. I am not sure what I was expecting but it was just an old building surrounded by a bunch of modern ones. That is one of the buildings I would have liked to spend more time in. All the museums that we did not go into.
The lanes for drivers are just suggestions. But everyone seems to be for more curious while driving. There is no constant honking like there was in New York. Lord was that town loud. Just got one last look at Parliament as we crossed the river. Just trying to think of the real difference between London and a big city in the U.S. I guess it is that there are old thing are older.
It has not hit me yet about the journey I have set out on. 9 1/2 weeks doing this. Just roaming around. I do not know if I will get home sick. I say if I ever do, it would be on this trip.
Lying down in a park made by the Franciscans. Went through the cathedral here. Said a prayer for Grandpa and they had everyone say the Our Father. It was a beautiful and huge place. We have decided to take the bus back to London, go to Salisbury in the morning and Bath on Tuesday night. Do Bath Wednesday and stay again Wednesday night.
Change of plans. We missed putting our bags in lockers by like 2 minutes. so we did not get to walk around London at night. So we decided to ride to Bath tonight and see Stonehenge Wednesday. Decided this like 10 minutes before the bus to Bath left. That is where I am now. Leaving London again. Canterbury was better tan I expected. Except for the fact that we had to carry our bags, it was a perfect day. The Norman Castle was interesting. I just wondered how many people had died inside those walls.
Jenn walked slower today because we had to carry our bags, so that was nice. My feet are sore, but not like I expected. My shoulders will be tomorrow I imagine. Going to try to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home