Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jan. 31, 2010 – Matthew 8

There at the end, I don’t understand why they would ask Him to leave.  He had just cured a demonic person.  It is also interesting the the demonics say that Jesus cannot destroy or stop them until the day of judgment.  The footnotes talk about this from Revelation where God allows the demons to dwell on earth deceiving people until the Day of Judgment.  I guess that is why it always says that Jesus drove out the demons from people, it never says He destroys them. 

The centurion servant healing is one of my favorites and we get one of my favorite lines in Mass from it.  “Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.”  What great faith.  In the other miracles in this chapter, the point is made that Jesus made physical contact with them.  Yet because of the centurions faith He didn’t do that for him.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home