Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010 – Catechism 150-159

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Faith is the belief in all that God has revealed. Right out of the gate, people limit themselves when they pick and choose what they want to believe. There is a lot I don’t understand, but that will always be the case. Why should I limit my faith or beliefs to only things I understand. That doesn’t make any sense to me and is why I don’t understand Cafeteria Catholics, speaking as a former Cafeteria Catholic.

This section is a lot clearer after listening to the talks about St. Thomas Aquinas. He talked a lot on how reason is not contradictory to faith and how they are intertwined and use each other to increase both. I like Para. 57. For all the things we find difficult and confusing, that doesn’t make any of it untrue. God cannot lie and therefore all revelation is true. Our lack of understanding doesn’t affect the truth no more than someone’s unbelief can affect its truth.

Science and faith cannot contradict because they were created by the same God. We should study all sciences with confidence knowing that this premise will always be there. If we ever find ourselves in a situation we think science or reason is contradicting our faith, pray that we are humble enough to admit that we may not have all the answers in the universe correct and we may not understand everything the way it really is.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home