Saturday, April 03, 2010

April 3, 2010 – Genesis 27:30-28:9

We see that Esau was much more upset by losing his father’s blessing than he was losing his birthright.  We can assume he gave more value to the blessing.  Could we see this as a lesson in treasuring spiritual blessings more than material ones?

I have never heard a “once saved always saved” argument use this story, but it would seem to fall in that general idea.  Isaac says that he cannot take back the blessing once it is given just like you cannot lose being saved once you confess Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.  (I am generalizing that idea for time.  I know there is more to it and different varieties of that belief.)

So, Isaac never left Canaan that I can see, but here Jacob leaves.  But it is because he is told to by his mother and not because he does not trust God or people, but because he trust his mother.  I do see that difference between Abraham and him leaving. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home