Tuesday, April 06, 2010

April 6, 2010 – Catechism 198-202

I must claim ignorance in this post and warn you that reading this brought up more questions than answers. Questions as to what others believe. The Trinity is tough. One God, Three persons is confusing and we cannot easily get our heads around it. But my question is what some other religions believe. Other Christian denominations, what do they believe Christ to be? They claim Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, but I have also heard it argued by Sola Scriptura that the word trinity isn’t in the Bible. So do other Christians believe the Holy Spirit is God or exist. How do they fit Jesus into a one God belief. Is Jesus God, or just the Son of God. I have heard that they preach against the Catholic notion of the Trinity, but I don’t know their view on what the relationship of Father, Son, Holy Spirit is.

And I don’t know what Jews believe the Messiah will be. Are they expecting the Son of God or someone claiming to be God, or just a very powerful prophet or messenger. They knew a Messiah was to come, but the Pharisees claim Jesus was not Him because He was claiming to be God. I am not real clear on what Jews expect the Messiah to actually be. And I can understand how they might be expecting someone that doesn’t claim to be God since they believe there is only one and as stated earlier, the idea of the Trinity makes your head hurt if you focus on it for too long. Anyway, just some questions that popped into my head while I read these paragraphs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home