Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010 – Isaiah 38-39

We first note that this sickness and recovery take place before the scene we saw play out in the earlier chapter, when the city was going to be attacked and the King relied on God and was saved. So, we see that this leader was reliant on God. At first, I was a little upset about his reaction. Thanking the Lord that the exile would not be during his life, knowing it would happen and happen to others is not something I would think would make a person happy. But the more I thought about it, the more I looked at it more realistically. We are only around during our own lives. We can only do so much. After we leave, we have no control as to what happens. He was told that he had done good and relied on God and because of his actions this great exile would not happen in his life. That is something to rejoice. He has no more control of the generations that come after him than I do of those that come after me. I can be sad for what may happen in the future, but that should not stop me from rejoicing now for a life well lived. So, I may have jumped the gun on old Hezekiah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home