Monday, June 07, 2010

June 7, 2010 – Isaiah 37

This reading is deceivingly long for 38 verses. This may be a bit graphic, but when it talks about a child ready to be born and the mother to tired, it made me think of times when dad and I would have to pull calves out when the mom could not push any more. The cows were utterly exhausted and it is just an image that is burned in my mind. I love the answer from God for the Assyrians. You have done all this because I have let you. Now I will pull you around by the ring in your nose and you will do no more. God’s power is awesome when you trust in it. But we need to trust in it more when the going is good, not just when the Assyrians are at the door ready to tear our lives down. I really really enjoyed God’s response. I thought it was beautiful writing. It reminds me of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the open the ark and it appears beautiful and they are so proud of themselves and then the switch is flipped and you realize you are not in control at all. Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home