Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 19, 2010 – Isaiah 43

The last part got me thinking.  I wiped out your offenses.  Do you want me to remember them.  The great sacrament of Reconciliation wipes us clean of the divide we bring when committing sins.  At that point, when the are forgiven, they are forgotten by God.  Yet, we hang on to them.  Why is that.  Why can we not accept that full forgiveness and forget our wrongs of the past.  I have heard ideas about this, the one I think fits best is that fact that our sin is the only thing we do ourselves.  All the good we accomplish is God working in us, whether we realize it or not.  Our sin is our choice to turn from God and act on our own.  We own it, it is ours, and we don’t want to let that go.  It is a sick thing, but a human thing.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home