Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17, 2010 – Exodus 12

I was reading this and thinking about how God speaks about certain things.  When He tells them about the Passover, He is not only telling them what to do this time, but how to celebrate it for generations to come.  Not only does this signify its importance, but what I am seeing is, it signifies it will be successful.  Pharaoh is not letting them worship the and God is saying you will celebrate this Passover every year.  He knows this is going to work and not only that, but that there will be an Israel to celebrate it.  Up until it is fulfilled in Christ.  In thinking about that, two other examples of people saying what will be going on in the future came to mind.  Mary saying “all generations will call me blessed” and Christ in the Last Supper saying “do this in remembrance of Me.”  Both just seem to have a quality of assuredness to them.

A thought I had before was that these plagues took place of a long period of time.  Here is another example of the Egyptians losing livestock when it appeared that they had lost everything to other plagues.  I read one explanation that when it says all the livestock, it doesn’t literally mean all the livestock.  There were still some left and those were then killed.  I don’t like that one.  I read another that Egypt replenished its stocks by buying from neighboring lands.  I like that one better.  One thing that does throw a wrench in my idea is that it states Moses was 80 when the plagues started and he dies at the age of 120, 40 years in the dessert later.  So the plagues would have been in a most a years time.          

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home