Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24, 2010 – Catechism 606-611

We see in Christ the perfect example of complete commitment to the will of God.  I reflected just yesterday about the importance of listening to the Will of God in our own lives because God does have a plan for us, just as Jesus knew and understood that God had a plan for Him.  Even though it was not an easy or blissful plan, it was the one God willed and the one that brought about His greatest gift of love. 

Do we ever think about the real difference between having something taken from you and giving it up.  Christ says "No one takes [my life] from me, but I lay it down of my own accord."  I think we have talked before about giving things up before we are forced to do it and they greater joy it can bring.  I agreed with Michelle that once we had children, I wouldn’t smoke another cigarette.  That is being forced into something.  Sept 07 was my last cigarette and Paul was born April 09 so I was able to stop on my own.  The result is the same, but they effects and the ripples that flow from it are different.  Christ death would not mean the same thing if He had not allowed it to happened, if He would have fought it, or become the military leader that people wanted Him to and died in battle.  We mourn and celebrate those that have died in battle, but all the more we celebrate those that in particular freely chose to sacrifice themselves for others.  It is in that moment when you choose to do something that is important.  We should never wait until we are forced into it.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home