Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010 – Leviticus 7

This is another chapter on the sacrifices for the Israelites. This is our 4th or 5th chapter in Leviticus about these rituals and I am running out of things to talk about. So far I count at least 5 different types of offerings, holocaust, sin, guilt, cereal and peace. I guess the one I understand the least is the cereal offering. I found a few things that describes the cereal offering as a offering of thanks. Then I wondered what holocaust meant. It means “whole” or that the entire sacrifice was burnt up as an offering, unlike others that were described as burning parts, taking other parts out, partaking of other parts. So, we have a whole, sin, guilt, thanks, peace offerings. That may help keep them a bit more straight.
So do we call what the Nazis were doing a Holocaust because they were trying to exterminate the “whole” race of Jews or is there another reason?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home