Saturday, January 01, 2011

January 1, 2011 – Sirach 21
V 11 - He who keeps the law controls his impulses. It is the start of a New Year and thus a time for New Year’s resolutions. Most the time we try to either take away a vice or add a virtue. This has to do with obedience and controlling our impulses, so our reading it apropos. I don’t know if New Year’s resolutions are something people like to keep to themselves or not, but I will share one that I am trying. I am going to try and always have a rosary in my pocket. It sounds simple enough, but the hope is that it will be a constant reminder to pray or keep God close. I wear a crucifix at all times around my neck, but it is sometimes forgotten because it is always there. How often do we reach into our pockets. Every time I do, bumping into that rosary will help to remind me to take that moment and think of God. It will always be there in moments when I am stressed, tired, angry, etc., when I need Him most. Hopefully it will help me control my impulses that are towards the bad as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home