Thursday, February 03, 2011

February 3, 2011 – 1 Corinthians 2-3

2:11 – We cannot know what anyone else is thinking in their soul or their minds.  When we judge people we are doing so with the limited knowledge we can see, but have no understanding of what they were thinking, where their mind is, what their experience has been.  That is why we are not called to judge people.  If we have such little understanding of other people, why are people so easy to think they understand the mind of God and what He should or shouldn’t be doing.  I love this verse.  Just as we only know what is in our spirit, so God is the only one who can know what is in His Spirit. 

2:8 – The footnotes talk not only about the rulers that actually crucified Christ, but the cosmic powers behind them.  I think this could also be said to the powers at work in our country that are taking God out of schools and government.  If they actually knew God’s wisdom and glory, even though many call themselves Christian or religious, they would not be crucifying the Lord again by taking Him out of our lives.  We would also not be crucifying Him with our sins if we actually knew and really understood His Wisdom. 

3:2 – I don’t know how I feel about this.  Being fed milk instead of food because I am not ready.  On one side I feel slighted, but on the other I am so grateful that God humbles Himself to try and help me, lowly old me, to understand His Mystery of Salvation.  In a way, we are not ready for food until we reach Heaven and can be with Him in all His spender.  Until then, we must be nursed with the little bit we can handle.  This also makes me think of the Eucharist and how He humbles Himself to let us consume Him, even though we are not worthy of it, but to help us become worthy, help us get to the Feast in Heaven.  It also makes us think about receiving the Eucharist in a worthy manner and making sure we are as worthy as we can be when we receive. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home