Sunday, April 03, 2011

April 3, 2011 – Sirach 48-49

It is a curious thing at the end of 49 that all of a sudden we head backwards to Enoch, Seth, Adam.  I don’t have much that jumps out at me other than that.  I am looking forward to Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah and their stories.  I sometimes don’t feel I have any grasp at all of some of the prophets and their tales even though their prophesies and stories are brought up a lot in the New Testament.  It is like watching Star Wars 4,5 and 6 without seeing 1, 2, and 3.  They are still great movies, but there is a lot that isn’t fully understood without the background.  A person can really get a lot out of the New Testament, but they just cannot fully have it revealed without understanding and digging into the Old.  That is really one of the motivations for this blog, to help me better know the Old Testament.  You are really just along for ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home