Sunday, August 07, 2011

August 7, 2011 – Catechism 981-987

I think people sometimes forget this from 982. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven. The unforgivable sin, although there are many theories about what this is this one makes the most sense to me, is the arrogance to feel you do not need God’s forgiveness and never seek it. God is always there for those that turn and seek Him with an open heart and humility and a longing to be reunited. When we turn back to God and ask His forgiveness, there is no sin that can stand between us and His mercy. I think there are many, and I have heard many say, God will never forgive me for this or that and refuse to let it go. This choice, this path, leads further and further away. However, the further we travel away cannot deter God from constantly asking us back and waiting there with infinite patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home