Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19, 2011 – Deuteronomy 16 – 17

We see here the three main feast for the Jews, Passover, Weeks, and Booths.  The second two sound a lot like Thanksgiving, at least what Thanksgiving first started as.  They were feast to celebrate the harvest that was brought in and to give thanks for what they had.  Thanksgiving has turned into something much different, especially if you are a person that works in retail.  I grew up on a farm and I still never really saw Thanksgiving as related to the harvest being done.  God seems to have done a better job of setting the date in relation to that year’s harvest either starting or finishing, so that the feast was directly related to harvest.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving, I just wonder if we really treat it as they would have their feast, as a time to look at what we have gathered and thanking God for it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home