Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13, 2011 – Luke 12 - 12:34

This section is one that should be read every day.  The whole thing is about not worrying about all the material things around us because in the long run, they will do absolutely nothing for us.  Not only to not worry about material things, but be aware of the things that can kill your immortal soul.  Yes, something may kill your body, but this is something that will die anyway.  The things that destroy your soul will be something that will last your eternity. 

I also love the part about not preparing yourself or worrying about what to say, but that God will provide you the words to say.  I cannot agree with this more.  In my working with TEC and Lifeteen I have had the opportunity to give many talks about my faith and the Catholic religion.  I know that when I get in the way, the talks feel worse, they are not as meaningful, they do not get the message across.  But when I am prepared and then let go and get out of God’s way and let Him work through me, the talks become something that can really be life changing for me and others.  It is something that must be felt and understood.  It is something that can be applied to life as well.  If God is in your passenger seat, you have the wrong person driving.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home