Saturday, September 29, 2012

September 29, 2012 – Psalms 66 – 67

Psalm 66 is titled Praise of God, Israel’s Deliverer.  It is understood that Israel should praise God because of all the miracles that they have witnessed while God brought them out of Egypt.  We get the same sense with Christ speaking to Thomas after the Resurrection.  You believe because you have seen, blessed are those that do not see and still believe.  It makes me think about what I have seen.  Obviously, I have had no visions of Christ, but I have seen (maybe not miracles) but things that I really can’t explain.  I don’t think I can use the excuse that I haven’t seen anything so my belief is weak.  I sometimes feel that I am in the same boat with Thomas.  That means that I need to believe and believe it deeply because of what I have experienced.  I need to praise God because He is my Deliverer. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home