Friday, September 21, 2012

September 21, 2012 – Psalm 60 – 62

61 – We must pay our vows, day by day.  We are never done fighting this battle within.  I think about that sometimes.  I have grown a lot since I was in law school in regards to my faith.  There are sometimes when I think I may have peaked.  There were times when I was praying more than I am now, learning more, studying more.  I worry that I did peak.  The mission is to continue to grow, to strive to gain more, to always be seeking a closer relationship to God.  Sometimes we get a very good relationship going and we stick it in neutral.  What happens if you do that in your car.  You will be traveling great for a little while, but you will start to slow down gradually.  What happens when you get to a hill.  You will come to a stop or start moving backwards.  I worry about that sometimes because of where I think I was and what I am doing now.  Never take your foot off the gas when heading towards God. 

62 – Waiting in silence for God is something that we always need to do.  With two young boys in the house, it is never quite.  The time I really enjoy is after I put Paul in bed I lay next to the bed on the floor.  This is to keep him calm and make sure he stays in bed.  On nights when he is settled down already, I can get a good 10 – 15 minutes of just laying there in the quite, nothing but the ticking clock, and reflect on things.  It is also helpful that right before then, Paul and I have said our night prayers.  It gives me a chance to reflect, relax, and really look at the day, what happened, and review all that is going on.  Silence is essential in our relationship with God because without it, how can we ever possibly hope to hear what He is trying to tell us.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home