Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24, 2012 – Job 21

The last lines got to me.  How can you comfort me when your lines are full of falsehoods.  I feel like that sometimes at a funeral.  You want to say that the person is in Heaven, a better place, that their suffering is over.  If a person gets cancer, you want to tell them it will be alright, they’ll get better, they’ll make it through.  We want to say this because we want to help.  We say these things because we want to believe them.  But are we trying to comfort with falsehoods.  Are we lying to them and ourselves.  Are we actually doing them any good.  I really don’t know.  I think that is something I find very hard at funerals.  I don’t know what do say because I don’t want to be dishonest, but I don’t want to be callus either.  Where is the line, what do you say.  This is an open question because I don’t think I have a good answer.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home