Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012 – Psalms 75 – 76

I thought when it said “raise your horns” it was talking about the instrument, like raising a trumpet and playing it before battle or at the walls of Jericho.  Then later it talks about “I will break off all the horns” which would relate to the horn that is part of the body.  A horn is a symbol of strength and is mentioned as part of most apocalyptic imagery, but I don’t know if the horn they are talking about is the same type of horn in both cases.  If you are raising your horn (part of your body) you are just lifting your head.  If you are breaking a horn (instrument) you are just snapping their trumpet.  I guess it could be different types of horns in both, but I didn’t think so, but I don’t understand the imagery if it is the same kind of horn in both. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home