Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012 – Psalm 77

“you have kept me from closing my eyes in sleep”.  Have you ever had a night where you couldn’t sleep.  Did you ever think that it was God trying to tell you something.  When I have trouble it is usually because I have thoughts racing through my head.  Many times it has worked out that if I get out of bed and write the thoughts down, my mind releases them and I do get back to sleep.  I try to have pen and paper next to the bed for this reason.  It is very frustrating when I don’t do this, I have a thought or thought process, finally fall asleep, and then completely forget the whole thing in the morning.  Maybe God was keeping sleep from me so that I could work out something that I needed to do. 

There are other times I think He was keeping me awake so that I could go and tend to Noah when he woke up because He knew Michelle needed some extra sleep.  So don’t just reach for the sleeping pills when you get restless.  There may be more to it than you realize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home