Wednesday, January 16, 2013


January 16, 2013 – Catechism 2083 – 2089

“God’s first call and just demand is that man accept him and worship him.”  I am not sure when I wrote about it, but I wrote about the long road the world has to travel when the first step is to accept God and the world isn’t anywhere close to that today.  It is so fitting, of course it is – it was written by God, that the first commandment be accepting God as God and understanding that He alone is God.  When you think about it, nothing else matters if you do not first take this step.  You can do all the good things you like, but if they are not done humbly with the concept of God behind them, there is the human selfishness that always seems to sneak in there.  There are many times that I think about a  “good” thing I did and whether what I may have received was the motivation.  If the reward is something material or the good feeling you get, when the reward becomes the motivation, it takes something away from the benefit to you eternally speaking.  Christ says those things done in public that everyone can see, you have already received your reward.  God, and being with Him eternally, is our motivation, and that really doesn’t make any sense without fully believing in this first commandment.  
Ignorance of God is explanation for all moral deviations.  I thought that was an interesting phrase.  Also, I thought the definition of heresy would interest a lot of people. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home