Friday, April 05, 2013

April 5, 2013 – Proverbs 14:13 - 15:10

“The patient man shows good sense.”  I like to think that I am a patient man and I know that when I am not patient, that is when I usually run into trouble or do something wrong.  We are in such a fast world and we get so caught up in needing to do this or that as quickly as possible that we forget that patience makes good sense.  I don’t know if it is pressure to get as much done as you can in a day or just the fact that we feel we have to be constantly moving or else we will be left behind, but we have lost the ability to be patient.  I think I see it most with the boys and when they are acting up.  That is probably when I need to be the most patient and yet the ability seems to allude me.  I snap or yell and overreact and then regret it because I know it doesn’t solve anything.  Then they see me act like that and imitate it when they are upset and snap or yell and overreact, and the cycle continues.  I do notice when I am patient and talk to Paul about what is going on, I am often amazed at his reasoning for his actions and it is just that he doesn’t understand what was going on or what he did was wrong.  We just don’t get anywhere by yelling and overreacting.  The patient parent shows good sense and will raise patient children. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home