Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013 – Catechism 2500 – 2503

We were outside last night and the sun was setting and Paul was talking about the pink colors in the sky.  The sunsets are such a great gift to teach us as to how much of an artist God is.  Yes, I understand that sunsets and sunrises turn different colors because the light particles passing by the Earth way different amounts and the gravity of Earth bends certain colored light waves more than others, but that doesn’t explain why the sunsets look like art or why so many artist paint sunsets to sell them.  If the God’s art, His canvas, and just one of many.  Ever wonder about the fact that so many landscapes become art or the tops of calendars.  Because they are so beautiful.  And the less they are touched by human hands, the more beautiful they are.  Tell me that is just random nature.  Tell me there is no connection between the way nature looks and the fact that humans find it beautiful.  You think a fox looks out over a prairie untouched and is amazed by its beauty.  No. It is a human thing because we are different than a fox and because the Earth has a creator.

Sacred art is another thing I have written about before.  I couldn’t be happier that we have a Church that is very beautiful and full of sacred art and long for the day I can go back to Rome and fill my eyes with those beautiful works.  I don’t see how people can be so against it, I have never understood it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home