Monday, July 01, 2013

July 1, 2013 – Jeremiah 17

I couldn’t get the image of the bush in the desert out of my mind.  I don’t know why.  The idea that it sees no season is what I kept rolling over in my mind.  The image is that of those that God is punishing.  He is barren and alone.  I guess that is not what I see when I see those that “trust in man” instead of God.  When the world looks at them, they are the tree growing full close to water.  The barren bush in the desert, the world would say, is that soul that clings to old traditions and is not flexible in their belief.  I guess that is where the “we don’t see as God sees” might come in.  Here is the image I would like to think of.  The world is a barren desert and we are a bush that blooms among the dry heat, blooming and gathering fuel and strength from a source the world does not comprehend.  You could also imagine the burning bush that is not consumed.  The world sees this bush, blooming in the desert, and in jealousy, sets it on fire to destroy it, but cannot.  The world as a desert is also an image that can be used to understand that the world is satisfied with the desert, but we are not meant for the desert.  We are meant for Eden, but the world doesn’t realize that because they have become accustomed to the desert and choose to stay and will not be told that there is something better.  I like the blooming bush in the barren desert image.  I will make that my sigil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home