Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013 – Catechism 2504 – 2513

This is a review section so there is not too much more to say.  I did find myself thinking about lying being trying to intentionally misleading someone.  So, telling someone something you think might be true is not lying even if it turns out you were wrong. But that is something that you shouldn’t do.   Imagine being lost in a city and you ask someone for directions.  They say where you are going is 2 blocks down and to the left.  You go there and it isn’t anywhere around.  Now you are more loss.  It could be that they thought they were correct, but weren’t.  It isn’t lying, but it can put someone in basically the same position as if it were.  I think we need to be careful about not only misguiding people on purpose but also misguiding them accidentally.  As I type that, I think something could be connected with that notion and the idea of scandal as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home