Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 29, 2013 – Catechism 2683 – 2696

How do we learn to pray.  Examples given here are to look to the saints and spiritual directors on how to live a prayerful life.  But the bulk of what we learn at home.  I am so blessed to have a 4 ½ year old that is eager to pray the rosary.  That wasn’t me growing up and the rosary is still something I struggle with.  My grandmother, and grandfather when he was alive, prayed the rosary faithfully.  I remembering staying with them during the summer and praying the rosary at night and it was completely foreign to me.  But I do remember that and it stuck with me and I am glad the rosary is not foreign to my children.  I never learned latin and don’t know the prayers of the rosary in Latin, but have been trying to learn that.  I don’t know what it will lead to, but seems something that I should know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home