Thursday, July 12, 2007

Saturday, July 12, 2003

What an up and down day this was. The sunrise in the Alps was amazing. I took some pictures that probable will not turn out, but if they do, they may rival the Killarney weekend pictures. While taking the pictures, I found an empty room. The overnight cars have six seats. The one I was in had five people and this one was empty. So I went in and past out. Only the second good sleep I have had on a train. Woke up refreshed.

Got off the train and started taking the trains and buses to the place I thought the hostel was. Walked for and hour and a half. Then found it about half a block from where I had gotten off the bus. I could blame it on bad maps and all, but I just had not taken down enough info and was wandering without a map. Therefore, I got to the hostel and went out to see Vienna.

There is one Cathedral, Steven, and that is all. They have nice buildings and some statues and maybe the buildings were old or made by someone special, but I did not think they were. I think I was just still on a Rome high that Vienna could have been spectacular and I would not have cared. So, that was disappointing. Went to the train station and got the ticket for tomorrow, which does not leave to early, does not arrive to late, so that was good.

Came back and took a magnificent shower. Showers after bad days or train rides always seem to lift my spirits. Went to dinner at this place on the sidewalk. Did not know what I was going to get. Ordered "Mozzarella" which is what I thought I ordered in Rome. In Rome, it was bread with sliced tomatoes and some cheese on in. This was tomato slices with slices of cheese on top. That is it. So, that was not too enjoyable. But the fettuccini that I ordered was some of the best I have ever had.

Like I said, up and down. I think I have a good handle on what is going to be happening tomorrow as far as what trains and buses to look for and where I am going to be. That is usually when the bottom falls out, but we will see. They give us a hardy breakfast here. About time somebody does. Wonder if Jenn is going to make it or where she is. I do not want to bet on it, but I would not be surprised if she flies into Prague after miscalculations. I wonder if the San Francisco people she stayed with all week got sick of her bitching. It should be an interesting day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home