Friday, July 06, 2007

Sunday, July 6, 2003

Here we are at the airport. I am not going to miss Jenn's bitching. "I need sleep; kids are loud, blah, blah blah." Get some sleep then. Oh well. There is also more ass crack showing in Dublin than I ever saw before. Guys and girls. I am ready to get out of Dublin but not sure, if I am ready to leave the English language behind.

We figured out why the flights are so cheap. They charge you out the ass for your bags. if it is over 15 kg. it is extra. Unbelievable. And Jenn still has my camera case. Hers broke when we first got here. Wonder if I will ever get a thank you for that. And guess who the last person up this morning was.

It is still hard to imagine that the gibberish that I hear around me is understood. Even harder to imagine is that to some English sound like gibberish. Well I am off on my own. Really, do not know what the hell I am doing. Evidentially these trains, seats matter, so I was standing because I did not have a ticket with a seat. But the train cleared a little so I am sitting now.

I guess there is a gay parade in Cologne today so the train is packed more than usual. It seems that we always hit the bad times. Oh well. I am on my way to Frankfurt, where I hope to catch a train to Rome. That is the plan. When they do the train messages, they do English last so I am at a disadvantage time wise. These next few days are definitely going to be a challenge. Here is hoping I am up to it.

Another train adventure by myself. This is not going to be 24 hours, but it will be around 22 1/2. I think. But we got on the plane at 7:30, so it will be 27-1/2 hours of traveling. I have a cough that will not go away. I think it will if I get good nights sleep, which is not going to happen tonight.

The views have been gorgeous. I am afraid we are going through the Alps at night, but I should see them on the way back up. The cough reminds me of the one I had at Southern Indiana Camp. If I breathe in through my nose, I can contain it, but if I breathe in through my mouth, I cough. Told mom and dad today that I am alone. They took it better than expected. It is going to be another summer of "Matt died pictures."

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jesse Rimshas said...

Hmmm, that doesn't look like an O'Doulls. Haven't they heard of Anheiser Busch in Ireland?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home