Friday, August 10, 2007

Sunday, August 10, 2003

Well, another hell of a day. Yesterday, Frankfurt was so American and had nothing to do, so I went and saw 2 movies. T3 was disappointing. Then, while I was waiting for the overnight to Paris, I wrote Michelle a letter the probable worried the shit out of her. It was just ranting about life and what not and I was a little tipsy. Then, the dreaded over night train. Oh how I hate them. I did not manage a couple hours sleep. Got to Paris and got on the right train, only to find the station I needed to switch trains at was closed for construction. So, more walking with a full load.

Finally found the hostel, not too much walking as compared to Berlin. So I drop my bags off and go for a walk, because the room is not ready. They give me, what looks to be a very good map. It has a red dot that shows the hostel I am staying in and so I start to wander. But funny thing is that none of the streets match. Come to realize that my hostel takes their maps from another hotel. The red dot is that hotel and by the time I realize where I am, I realize how far away from most of Paris I am.

But no worries, it was still pretty early so I just started walking. Paris is a lovely town. Many churches and beautiful buildings. I was rather enjoying myself. I knew I had about 6 blocks till the Arch de Triomphe and I was going to rest there a while.

Then it happened. I really do not know how. I walked out to the middle of the road, took a picture, was walking back, and putting the camera away, reached the sidewalk and “slice”, some plastic lid on a container cut me. It was not like I fell into it or was throwing anything away. I was just walking by and it cut me. And not any paper cut, this thing is deep. It looked like it just took a chunk because I could see past skin deep. It is about an inch and a half long, but did not bleed too badly.

Actually, I do not know how much I bled because I used my red shirt to hold it the rest of the day. Knowing how far I was, but not wanting to waste a day or walk the sights, I jumped on a sightseeing bus, which really was not too bad a deal. 22 Euros to get on and off as you like and is good for 2 days, so if I feel up to it I can use it tomorrow. I rode that around, got a feel for the city, walked inside Notre Dame; saw the Eiffel Tower, not to bad really. Then I figured I better call it a day, with my hurt hand and no sleep. I do not think I will make it to Normandy, but those are the breaks. See how I feel tomorrow and try to do Paris again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home