Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 24, 2010 - Exodus 5

It is a wonder that the South did so well with slavery. It just seems so unproductive to use that as a source of your work force. What is the motivation of the workers. I know it does work and has been used since there was one group of people more powerful than another, but I don't understand how it was successful. And here, we not only see slavery, but the punishment to the slaves was to take away there building materials. It is a completely illogical solution. God said that He would harden Pharaoh's heart, but did that include his intelligence. I guess his arrogance could have blinded him to correct decisions. I can remember times when I have made bad decisions because I "knew" I was right about something. I guess that puts the Pharaoh's decisions in a little clearer light, just a bigger scale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home