Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010 – Catechism 554-556

I have been asked before why Elijah and Moses.  The best answer I have heard, and I am then assuming it is the right answer but I am sure there can be other interpretations, is that Moses and Elijah represent the Law and the Prophets from the Old Covenant.  Jesus is the fulfillment of both the laws and prophesies of the covenant. 

This is a great story to be told at the end of a retreat.  The idea that we must go back down after such a great experience with God.  Our mission is down the mountain, we are not called to stay on the top.  It really is a great image after a retreat.

How did they know they were Moses and Elijah.  I think they wore name tags.  I think we will all where name tags in Heaven so there won’t be any of those awkward moments we have on Earth when we forget someone’s name when we should know it.  Where as in hell, there are no name tags and everyone’s name is on the tip of your tongue, so it is an eternity of awkward moments.  (I realize these reflections usually aren’t very funny.  That isn’t like me, so I think I will try and lighten things up a little more.  Granted 95% of any jokes will be funny to only me and completely corny.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home