Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011 – Mark 15:6 - 15:41

I am a little behind in these postings and it really isn’t because I didn’t have time.  It is more because I couldn’t think of anything to write.  You would think that with the chapter being on the crucifixion I could think of plenty, but I had a block. 

What I was thinking about this morning is the difference in our mind set when we are giving something up or doing something new.  During Lent and during New Years, we often try to give something up that we feel is a vice or try to add something to improve our lives.  I was thinking about that in the context of the crucifixion and realizing that they are really one in the same.  Was Christ doing something to improve things or giving up something.  Both.  And when we give up a vice, we are actually doing something positive.  And when we add something positive to our lives, we are actually taking time away from something that is probably negative.  It appears that they are more two sides to the same coin then actually two different things.  I think I have always felt that when I am trying to give something up, I do so with such a negative attitude.  I am going to try harder next time to not focus on the giving up side of the coin as much as the positive adding something in my life side.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home