Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011 – Catechism 914 – 919

I have heard about several groups that a consecrated groups. Although it appears that most of them are for religious communities, some I have seen are offered to just normal lay people. A chance to take or make commitments that bind you closer to Christ. It seems like an interesting thing and something I might be interested in if I found the right one that fit me. Being committed to something just doesn’t seem to mean as much these days. Whether the attitude towards marriage is the cause or just another example I don’t know. People leave jobs, churches, homes, communities, much easier than they used to. Colleges, majors, you name it, and the commitment to finish what you start is lacking. With that type of attitude in mind, it is hard to see consecrated groups lasting long, yet it is clear to see why they are so important as an example. I wish we heard more about them so that we could look upon them and their commitment more often to motivate us to stick with what we start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home