Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012 – Joshua 14 - 15:12

Ah, we have another Caleb sighting.  I wonder why he is not brought out more.  He is the only one beside Joshua that trust God, yet Joshua gets all this glory and Caleb isn’t heard from in forty-five years.  And we finally have a time set out.  If they were wandering for forty years, then crossed the Jordan, they took almost 5 years to conquer the lands in the first 12 chapters.  I almost wish they had laid this out as it was happening because I think you might read it differently if you know how long it is taking. 

Caleb gets Hebron, which the map shows is in Judah.  I don’t know if Caleb is in the tribe of Judah or not (it doesn’t say).  Answered my own question Numbers 13:6 - Of the tribe of Judah, Caleb the son of Jephunneh. 

The map I linked to doesn’t appear very accurate, at least with the description of Judah, since it says the western border is the great sea (Mediterranean) but the map doesn’t extend it that far. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home