Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012 – Catechism 1621 – 1632

Marriage prep is such an important thing that I feel is not facilitated well enough.  I know the things we did, did not prepare us very well, in my eyes.  I have learned so much more about marriage, what it means, why the Church sees it as so important, the teachings on marriage and contraception, among other things since being married.  Our marriage prep amounted to 4 or 5 meetings, going over some test, and a retreat.  None of these really had any effect on me that I can remember.  I really think that more needs to be put into this.  I have written this before, but divorce is so prevalent because marriage prep is so lacking.  If more couple knew more about marriage, I think they would think more about actually getting married.  I would guess that most divorces are people that were not prepared for marriage in the first place.  I imagine there are cases where couples prepared as best they could and something unforeseen happens to cause the divorce, but I would venture that this is a small minority and even those unforeseen things are not suppose to change your commitment.  That is part of the promise, to be there, good times and bad, for the unforeseen issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home