Thursday, November 08, 2012

November 8, 2012 – Psalm 88

I was thinking about those that died before Christ.  It describes them as being “cut off” from God.  What rejoicing there must have been when Christ came down to them after His death. 

I was wondering what was meant by “your terrors” or God’s terrors that the writer is describing.  I first thought that they were images of what happens when you do not follow God.  The terrors scared him into following God and because he lived a Godly life, his friends and neighbors shunned him.  But I wasn’t sure.

Then I thought it might be a Job sort of thing.  The terrors are the taking away of things that he had and because of the loss of those, his friends and neighbors shunned him.  I really couldn’t decide if it was either or neither or both. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home