Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013 – Ezekiel 40

http://www.truthnet.org/Ezekiel/11/Ezekiel-Temple.jpg

I was looking for an image of the temple described by Ezekiel in this chapter and found this one. I was curious as to where it came from so I went to the actual web-site and I was “educated” on this temple and where it fits into the scheme of God.  There have been two temples built for God so far.  The first by Solomon and the second after the exile.  This is not describing the second (which you might think since it was written during the exile) or even the third (which hasn’t been built yet), but according to this web-site, and I am sure there are others in this same line of thought, this is the forth temple and the one that Christ will sit upon when He returns to Earth.

I read through some of the web-site to try and see where he comes to that and basically he is a rapture believer in the same type of time-line that was in the book I shared with everyone in regards to Ezekiel 38-39.  But in his timeline, he does a lot of jumping around to make all his pieces fit.  Ezekiel 38-39 happen, then something with Daniel, then we jumped to Revelations, then we come back to Ezekiel 40.  I think, of all the critiques, that is where the author loses the most credibility.  I just don’t think jumping around to piece together your version from all other parts is legitimate.  Plus, we haven’t gotten to Revelation, but when Christ returns it brings about a new Heaven and a new Earth that we don’t fully understand and I don’t see it making any sense that Christ will have a new temple built on the old Earth. 

http://www.truthnet.org/Ezekiel/11/Ezekiel-40-Messiah-Millennium-Temple.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home