Tuesday, April 09, 2013

April 9, 2013 – Proverbs 15:11 - 16:9

Two verses have the same under tones of making plans.  16:2 and 16:9.  The saying, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans comes to mind when you read these.  “All the ways of a man may be pure in his own eyes, but it is the Lord who proves the spirit”.  This one also has the feel of “the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.  What we think are good ideas, good ventures, good paths to take, may not be what is best for us in the long run.  We can either find that out the hard way or God may save us from them by not allowing them to start.  How often do we get upset when something doesn’t happen that we wanted to happen?  Have you ever looked back and seen that it was for the best?  Have you ever heard Garth Brook’s “Unanswered prayers”?  (although I am writing this well after the actual date, I just noticed that this is the date of the election.  I think this would have been a helpful scripture to read that day, seeing as I lost.)

I am at peace with losing the election.  I fully believe that it is what was best for me and my family and it wasn’t the right time.  I am glad I ran and think it will help me in the future when God will say it is time for me to win, but this just wasn’t that time.  Although I catch myself thinking about what we did wrong or what we would do different, I think more about how this is what God had in mind for me and even if I don’t fully understand it, it is what was best at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home