Tuesday, October 08, 2013

October 8, 2013 – 1 Chronicles 29

When I was reading this, I thought of Msgr. Powell and what he said and did before we started collecting for our church’s restoration.  He pledged that he would go without pay for a year and that his pay would go into the building fund.  That type of example inspired the church to give generously to the project (not generously enough to do everything he wanted).

I also thought of Solomon hearing this and thinking (being young and immature) wait a minute, that is going to be my inheritance you are giving away.  He probably didn’t think that since he seems very Godly and seeking of wisdom and not riches, but maybe there was a little bit that was upset with losing his inheritance.  Solomon was one of the children that David had in Jerusalem and he was there 33 years, so Solomon was younger than 33.

I also thought it was interesting that David was in Jerusalem 33 years, the same age the Christ was when He died.  I don’t know if there is some significance to that, but if there are no coincidences with God, there must be some meaning to the connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home