Friday, December 06, 2013

December 6, 2013 – Catechism 2822 – 2827

Like the last two, this can be seen as a plea and a command.  God, your will be done.  And, you are to go out and do God’s will.  But when I was reading this, I was interested in the community aspect, as has been the case throughout the whole prayer.  Your will be done on Earth, not your will be done in me or in my life.  We are praying, not just for Christians, but the whole world.  I guess you could wonder why it doesn’t say, “your will be done in the universe as it is in Heaven”, but I don’t think it is a stretch to extend it out that far (although why earth and not world, which would more easily expand into an interpretation of universe).  It makes me wonder what word is used for Earth in other translations of the Our Father and if Earth is a little off from what might have been used or taught originally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home