Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Sunday, June 29
Went to a lovely mass this morning. They had a great choir singing and a large organ and sang a lot of Latin. It was a nice mass. I was thinking the whole time about yesterday and what causes conflicts like that. Really, what seem to be behind it are politicians using different religions to gain power through fighting. It seems that a lot of the strife in the world is caused y this. A person wants some power, so he gets a group of people that have something different about them, usually religion, then tells them they can live better if they fight those that are different.
I guess the U.S. was different because we used a "no religion" method to kick out the Brits. I think the hardest part of getting into politics, if that is what I am going to do, is to, not religion in that way, but not abandon what I believe. I will never be elected on a Catholic platform, that is a given, but how do I balance the two when I am never suppose to let anything get in the way of my religion. Can I try and balance and be honest with myself or am I doomed to fail at this journey. It makes me think that I am not suppose to head in that direction, but I know that is just lazy Matt telling me it will be to hard. Nothing worth having is easy.
Went to the Guinness Storehouse today. I never imagined what it actually takes to make a barrel. They had old film of a professional barrel, cog, maker and it looked like it was an all day project for one barrel. We got to go up in the Gravity bar. You see the whole city from up there. It was neat. And I had to deal with some high spots and managed pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home