Thursday, July 22, 2004

Tuesday, July 22
            Last night was a blast.  Had a huge party on our floor and played some drinking games, listened to some music and threw paper airplanes off the balcony.  Then, today, I got pulled to the side by Mrs. From and snapped at in front of Iverson, the head guy, for being too loud and what not.  Moreover, this morning I was yelled at by the housekeeper, who has not been in here since we got here, for my room being a mess.  I deserved those two things, but I was not the only one that did the shit, but I was the only one to be lectured.
            Worst of all, I heard that some people were asked whether they were there and they said they went to bed early, which is BS.  I am not home sick as much as I am sick of these people.  They are not bad people, some are nice, but I am sick of it all.  The bitchy leaders, getting stuck in elevators, uptight workers at the dorms and uncooperative too, the fact that you cannot drink the water, disorganized program, unorganized classes and anything else I cannot think of right now.  It is not Prague, except for the water thing, it is the program and the fact that I have been around the same "law students" for too long.  I miss the friends that are not law students and the ones that are but are not here.  I hate listening to people complain and people that think they know it all and do not and I hate watching people make out in the streets and not being near Michelle.  That may be more homesickness.  I want to be done with USF shit and rid of most of these people.  There are too many games being played, it seems like, for such a short period.  I am just sick of it.
            You cannot drink the water, so everyone is living off soda and beer because that is all there ism and we are all de-hydrated.  Trying to save money so I am not eating well.  I feel weak and not in the mood to do anything, sightseeing or study.  Have a test tomorrow in a class that seems to have no structure or point and still the class clapped after he was done because USF students are unusual in that way.
            Three more weeks and it will be over.  Do not know how I will feel then.  I am just wondering if this is a wall that, once I make it past, things will look brighter and I will not want to leave or is it going to be just miserable longing for home for the next three weeks.  I am kinda curious as to what I am supposed to do to snap out of this funk.  I thought Sunday's mass was going to do it, and I think it did, it is just that today was a bad day.  Talking to Dad and Michelle yesterday was nice.  I really am starting to think it was gust a bad day.  Get this test over with, start drinking water and eating fruits again and do some sightseeing in the afternoons, hopefully my spirits will rise.  Probable does not help that I plan on going to one of the most depressing places in the world this weekend.  One must suffer to realize happiness and isolation is a learning environment to help you know yourself.  I figure its working, but because I am a lazy human, I want it to be over.  Patience Matt.  Off to read more useful information that I will not understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home