Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Food for thought JR says. That is a full course meal. But intial reactions. Really the only intial thought I have is about your Nazi/Jews connection. That went on for a while without anybody raising much of a fuss and I believe if you go back and read history very carefully, it would have gone under the radar if Hitler and Japan had not been so agressive. We didn't fight WWII to save the Jews much like we didn't fight the Civil War, or at least it didn't get started, because of slavery. They are results, but not reasons.

You used a lot of big words and I am going to have to think about it all some more, but I am enjoying this.

MILK

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jesse Rimshas said...

Choose your weapon. Ten paces, turn around, and fire. Your blog or mine?

Just kidding :) Actually, I'm very much enjoying this as well.

As for as the Nazi atrocities "calling for immediate cessation" (whadyamean I use big words?), I in no way meant to imply that the US or any other nation fought to protect the Jews; and indeed, I agree with you that were they not a threat to our own existence, we most likely would have never fought Germany or Japan at all. We would have failed to fight, literally or figuratively, for the lives of the innocent unless we were threatened (much like we and the UN failed to protect the pleading Tootsie people of Rwanda in the genocide of the nineties). What I had in mind is the liberation of the death camps after the US had occupied parts of Germany. The remaining victims were immediately freed and cared for; and had there been an anti-holocaust political uprising among the non-Jews of Germany right before the war, who would have condemned them for "pushing their morality on others?"

But the unborn/Jewish connection is sound. Both are equally human. Why can we kill one and not the other? (And I don't mean to pick on Jews; I myself am part Jewish; no, pick your race.) But I think you get my point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home