Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thursday, June 26, 2003

If it were not so late, I would probable write quite a bit, but we went to a play tonight that really made me think. First, I went and seen Dumb and Dumberer and it was, but it made me laugh and it made me feel at home, especially since I went by myself. But if you could call that entertainment, and then, try to compare it to what we saw tonight, you would be laughed at. This performance was incredible. I think it was better if not way better, than the Oxford play. Or maybe I just really enjoy real life plays. I need to start looking into that more. But the acting, although brilliant, was not the greatest part. The story was heart wrenching.

It really made you think about how we look at things and how we might see things differently if given the chance. It was about a Protestant and the hatred towards Catholics and the Republic. It made me think about whether I was a racist, if only for the fact that I have never really been given the opportunity to prove I am not. When I see a black person, this is what I see because they are. I try not to treat them any differently and try not to think about them differently, but what more can a person do.

I am not color blind, but if that is what it takes to not be a racist, then it is an idealistic and impossible task. We are talking in class about freedoms and how we pick and choose whom to give freedom. I kind of wonder if the whole system is shot. We have freedom of speech, but it is limited, but nobody can write a statute that properly limits it so there is no limits but you still cannot say everything because, who knows. It gets to the point where there is no law, people just make it up as they go and change their minds, at random and it does not make any sense, and everyone knows it, but accepts it as the way we work.

Dennis Miller is not far off on his lawyers rant. I really do not see how lawyers can live with such a false sense of reality at the foundation of all they do. And our system is no different. Ours may seem more complicated, but everyone else has the same issues with law and what is really right and wrong.

Two other points about tonight. There is just no way to relate to some people that have gone on in the world. I really do not see how some people make it through and I really do not see how people that have not, but act as if they have, can sleep at night. And during the intermission, like right away, these Cal girls, and one guy that I think wants to be one of the girls (wink), were talking about shopping. That does not seem so bad, but we had just been through a very emotional part of the play and it just made me sick. I had to get up because they have no consideration for others and I was wondering if they had ever had a true emotion or felt a real feeling about to them either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home