Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10, 2010 – Catechism 203-209

The importance of a name. We all have one. Some of us have very normal names. Others more unique. Has someone ever told you “You don’t act like a _______”. What do they mean. Throughout our lives, is it possible that because of our name we have picked up certain traits. Do I acted like other Matthews. Do Matthews act differently than Matts. Is there a reason I have never seemed to get along well with Jacobs. I don’t know. But God gives us His name. It is one that points to is Infinity. In spiritual direction I am looking back on my life and seeing where God was, whether I knew it or not or whether I recognized it or not. The first thing you must realize is God is always there. I haven’t really finished with the project yet. I am still just mulling it around from time to time. Every event, big or little, God was there. What does that mean to me now. Is that encouraging, frightening, does it give me hope or goose bumps, I haven’t figured it out yet. But I believe it is something we should all do. Look back over our lives and take stock of how God was present there, each and every time.

Deacon preached about it Sunday about being respectful of God and Jesus, present in the Church when we go to Mass. When it gets to be nice weather, you get people showing up to Church in sometimes very inappropriate attire. Let’s keep in mind what we are going to do and Who we are going to see and let’s be responsible. But it isn’t only Church. I have seen some pretty inappropriate dress in the courtroom as well. It is our attitude of thinking we are the center of our universe and the moral relativism that if we think it is ok, it is ok. That is not the truth and we need to wake up from this idea. There are rules and they are there to help us, not limit us and they are there, whether we want to believe it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home