Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25, 2011 – Luke 14:7 - 14:35

Giving up everything to follow Christ.  How often do we tell ourselves that we will and then find out that we were wrong.  I think there have been times in my life when I have made that commitment with something other than the best or purest intentions.  Saying the words but not really believing them or knowing I was holding on to something.  But I also know there have been times when I have said them with the purest of intentions and really believing that they were true.  The problem is that we do not know what is around the corner, the temptations, the obstacles that will come, the weakness we don’t understand yet.  I think it may be a harder fall when we fail after a genuine commitment because we have held ourselves up on a higher pedestal.  I don’t think it is wrong to make the commitment, but we must realize we are sinners and will always be.  We need to strive to follow Christ with all of our being and persevere through the falls.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home