Monday, May 06, 2013

May 6, 2013 – Ezekiel 48

When I first read the description of the territory described, it sounded like a strip of land, and I thought it might be some link to the Gaza Strip.  That made me realize that I didn’t know much about the Gaza Strip even though you hear a lot about it in the news. I looked, and it has nothing to do with Ezekiel, but seems it was just a strip of land distinguished in the 40’s after the Israel-Egypt Armistice. 

There is also the name of a city, “Lord is Here”.  I wondered if they were talking about Jerusalem.  That made me wonder what Jerusalem does mean, if anything.  That actually doesn’t seem to be a question with a simple answer.  I found that it means everything from “foundation of the god Shalem” to “The city of peace”. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home