Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13, 2010 – Genesis 36:31-37:11

I don’t know what to think of Joseph. Why did he tell his brothers about these dreams. Is it arrogance over them, is he naïve because he is young. It would seem that if there is tension between a group and people and me, I won’t do anything to increase the tension. Obviously these are prophesies for later, does he not understand them. It says Jacob pondered them, but we don’t get to know if he educated Joseph about what they could mean. Much like Samuel hearing God’s voice in the night and not knowing what it was, does Joseph have anyone to guide him in what he is dreaming about. Joseph is the youngest and most loved (why isn’t Benjamin the most loved).

Question – is Joseph the first prophet. I don’t recall in reading so far someone making prophesies about what is to come. God has made promises to people about what may come or where to go, but I believe this is the first time we have someone telling others about a dream that predicts an outcome of the future. Maybe I am forgetting something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home